On 4/15/2013 4:51 PM, Aahz Maruch wrote:
On Mon, Apr 15, 2013, P. J. Alling wrote:
I do agree with you on the focusing screen, which is why I use a
Katz Eye which is very good.
Larry's K-x viewfinder seemed much darker than the K-5 or K-30, which I
attributed to the Katz Eye -- is my supposition correct?
Nope, the K-5 and K-30 are pentaprism finders, the K-x is a mirror prism design which is inherently darker. The Katz Eye while having a courser texture doesn't seem to be measurably darker than than the stock screens.

--
Buy a Leica to get the full “Leica Experience”, (a quick reduction of funds in
the bank account).