I too looked at a ton of samples and didn't see one all that sharp at
all. Not even in the center. Its supposed to get decent figures in the
center, but the borders are pretty awful, and all the pictures I saw
confirmed that. If you did events and shot people, it would be more
than ok. For landscapes and walkaround its not for me. I finally got a
16-45 and like it very much. Especially compared to the 18-55 mk 1 I
also have. I generally prefer primes, but the 12-24 and 16-45 I have
are both decent lenses. The 18-135 just doesn't do it for me. Now I
just need a 55-300 to complete my walk around zoom kit.....