At least the backwards baseball cap protects one's neck. The hood is useless.
I've been better about wearing hats those days to keep the sun off my old skin,
but the brim interferes with a camera. So when shooting I've been known to
resort to the backwards baseball cap. But I prefer the straw stetson tipped
back on the head, even though its a bit more awkward.