Not an entirely accurate assumption - unless (1)you never buy any other Pentax cameras, (2)you throw away all your Pentax equipment at the end of five years, (3)*ALL* the photography you're doing with your current equipment continues as is and you *NEVER* use the Pentax equipment for photography you might otherwise do with what you currently own, and (4)you also never replace what you have now during that five year period.

-p