I found this, it's called RAW shell extender, and it's freeware. It works under WinXP and supports PEF and DNG files. among a host of others.

http://forum.idimager.com/viewtopic.php?t=3150

On 7/15/2013 4:26 PM, Ann Sanfedele wrote:
at 6400 ISO.

http://annsan.smugmug.com/The-KItty-Corner/Ashley-ultimate-alpha-tabby/2526444_dnhbv8/1/2636664336_nF8DXsM/Medium

The camera isn't quite "plug and play" but less fiddling to get a jump start than I thought. I'm in love.

Do I need to load that CD that comes with it? will that install something that will allow me to view the DNGS as Thumbnails?

Glad someone told me ELements 5 wouldn't read PEFS

ann

--
There are two kinds of computer users those who've experienced a hard drive
failure, and those that will.