On Aug 17, 2013, at 8:05 PM, Jack Davis wrote:

Nice camera handling during your fall. Shows what you value most. <G>
Too bad, Paul, but 60-250 hood can't be that expensive , hopefully!

Jack

15 months ago I tapped the lens hood of my 60-250 on my car door as I was returning from some shooting. The hood came off, rolled away a bit. I retrieved it. Upon arrival back home inspection revealed several parts of the hood's locking keyways were broken or bent. Spent an evening repairing those only to discover the pot-metal lands for the mechanism were broken or bent. A whole morning was spent finding the missing land in the driveway and epoxying it perfectly in place.

The hood lasted about 3 days. No more places to put superglue to make it work again.

So I ordered two from B&H @ 44.95 each. Plus shipping. Still the same price. 2 to 4 weeks to ship - out of stock.

Have not damaged one since. Well, except the 12-24 hood 3 years ago. Same obnoxious price.

Pentax -PH-RBK 67mm Lens Hood

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2013 6:12 PM
Subject: On the ground

Stepped in a hole and lost my footing while shooting the dream cruise for the Times. Skinned knee and elbow along with a sprained wrist. But held my camera aloft. Slight damage to the hood of my 60-250/4, but that's it. Finished the shoot. Plenty of good pics and one newsworthy one. I'm happy but sore.