On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Ann Sanfedele <ann...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> http://annsan.smugmug.com/Assignments/Paul-and-Linda-Get-Hitched/31453928_TSxSrg#!i=2724712337&k=x4jSmRR

Ann,

The outside photos look good to me. Some of the inside photos on the
second page look excessively noisy; even though the K-5 is a great
low-light camera, I think some of the exposure settings pushed it too
far here.

I think one of the better-exposed ones is #1853 at ISO 6400, f/7.1,
1/100 s. That seems to be about the right neighborhood. I might open
up another stop and drop down to ISO 3200, but that's quibbling.

Now, a couple that have too much noise:

#1834: ISO 51,200, f/5.6, 1/1250 s. I would definitely rather be at
ISO 5120 and 1/125 s here (or ISO 2560 and 1/60 s).
#1859: ISO 25,600, f/10, 1/400 s. Maybe f/10 is necessary for
depth-of-field here, but I'd probably rather open up a stop or two
more (the back of the head can be a little blurrier) and shoot at 1/60
or so... that would get you down to ISO 3200 or 1600.

But at this point it's all water over the bridge (photons through the
shutter?), so with the noisier images, I would be inclined to process
them as B&W, if the client is agreeable. B&W hides many sins in low
light!