The K-5 is discontinued, which is what is causing the price drop. If you're looking at a K-50, then also look at the K-30 basically the same camera in a different body shell, not officially discontinued, (AFAIK at this point), but pretty much that's the case and you could pick up a deal because of that.

The salient differences.

K-5/II/IIs Magnesium Alloy body, slightly faster shutter speed, slightly faster drive speed, bigger buffer, 14 bit per channel color depth, top panel information lcd.

The K-5II/IIs have a few improvements most importantly in low light auto-focusing, but the rear display screen has been modified to improve viewing.

The K-5IIs. no or maybe only weaker anti alias filter in the sensor path, (so it's higher resolution at the cost of greater likelihood of moire.

K30/50/500 16mp 12bit per channel sensor, slightly slower top shutter speed, (with smaller buffer), slightly lower drive speed.

K30/K-50 pretty much the same camera in different poly carbonate body shells, the K-30 is a bit more radically styled, both are available in multiple color variations. Somewhat better video controls and capabilities, (if you're into that).

K-500 a K-50 without weather sealing, and you can have it in any color you want... as long as it's black.