Zos, two points that still keep me wondering:

1. I couldn't find any mention of RAW noise reduction in Imaging
resource review after this link:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/K5/K5A.HTM

2. I see what the person on DPReview wrote, but I think there is a
confusion and (as explained in imaging resource review) the noise
reduction can be configured per ISO. I don't remember exactly, but it
stands to reason that ISO 3200 is where it is set to kick in by
default.

Specifically, once I learned about this setting, I went and configured
both of my cameras to apply no noise reduction until ISO 12800 or so.

So, I'm yet unconvinced that K5 applies noise reduction at ISO 3200
just because.

--
Boris