On 01/12/2013 11:36 AM, Zos Xavius wrote:
How precise does the stack have to be in terms of depth? I'm guessing
you could easily auto-align any other problems.

Considering how typically lassez faire I am about technical aspects, I would say not very precise. All I'm doing is using the focus peaking option of live view to move the focus point ahead a little bit, making sure that there is overlap in the peaking and then taking another exposure, and repeating the process until I have scanned the entire subject. After that, I let Photoshop do whatever voodoo it is doing to create the image.