On 09/12/2013 9:35 PM, knarf wrote:
I know I said I was done with this thread. Apparently I lied.  ;-)

But I had to jump in to completely disagree with your assertion wrt the
underlying premise.

To my mind the premise is that there is a huge disparity in the way that women
and men are portrayed in the media including the arts. Women tend to be
sexualized far more than men and often in denigrating and offensive ways. That
includes but doesn't have to mean nudity.

People can point to exceptions but that doesn't change the fact that women are
sexualized far more often and in different ways than men.

This doesn't mean that sex is dirty or wrong or that it doesn't make the world
go 'round.

A bit of balance would be nice, that's all...

Yes well, when men start creating FOOD by biological process within their bodies, you might be on to something.

bill