I absolutely agree with you, Jostein. It seems to me that this whole discussion would boil down to some very fundamental notions (such as nature vs nurture), which cannot be resolved. In fact, the idea that our society is very diverse as far as approaches to these things go, probably contributes much to our species success.

To imagine that if all societies will be 100% perfect, women will not be objectified for their sexuality, men will not be objectified for their wealth, etc etc - well, it will be probably very Orwellian...

Boris