Could be that if they ship the *one* that's "in stock" they won't have it
"in stock" anymore, so they're holding on to it for now.

More like (based on past dealings with B&H), they had half a dozen on
hand & got a dozen orders. They shipped the ones they had first come,
first served & they'll fill the rest of orders as soon as they're resupplied.