My several B+W 'thin' filters all came with a Schneider plastic cap that fit
them quite well, knocked then off by accident one or two times, but they never
fell off on their own accord. In fact, if you use them with the lens shade on
between sites, it is hard to get a fingernail under the ridge around the cap to
pull it off. On some of my lenses with that setup, you can get the cap off by
taking the lens shade off, which lifts the Schneider cap off the slim filter.