On 28/01/2014 6:16 PM, Mark Roberts wrote:
Bob W wrote:

And I'm really not interested in an EVF, however hard they push it.

Same for me. For now.

But I expect EVF's will eventually get as good as optical viewfinders
and will replace them – the elimination of the moving mirror, prism,
etc. will make the cost reduction irresistible (though I'm skeptical
of their effect on battery life).

Yes kids, we have a winner.

Using my X-Pro1 with the viewfinder lit up has incredibly short battery life. The X-T1 will have an accessory battery grip, which adds to the size and weight, and probably still won't take it up to a K5IIs for number of pictures. They are listing the battery life at 350 for the X-T1. I bet the reality is a lot less.

Now that I think about it I realize I got it backwards: EVF's will
replace optical viewfinders and *then* they'll (eventually) get as
good as optical viewfinders. I hope they'll get "good enough" before
then. This new Fuji could be the tipping point.

From what I've heard, mirrorless sales numbers aren't all there. While they have a small but vocal fan(boy) base, they aren't really being embraced by the public.

bill