On Mar 7, 2014, at 5:25 pm, Godfrey DiGiorgi <godfreydigio...@me.com> wrote:

> Oh yes: one thing I've noticed is that the MM is an ideal body to work with
> all those lovely *older* RF lenses from the '30s, '40s, and '50s … you know,
> all the ones that do weird things like color shifting and such with the M9.
> Some of those lenses were designed *long* before color film was popular and
> are best optimized for monochrome—they sing on the MM.

As it happens, this morning I finally got around to reading the pdf manual for
this old Dufaycolor film.  It includes a couple of pages of advice about
lighting, makeup and lenses which struck me as strange at first, until I
realised it was written in 1938 when colour film was something new.  I'm now
curious to find a colour photo of panchromatic makeup to find out what
colour(s) it really was.

It's amazing how this film resembles a Bayer-pattern under the microscope; we
seem to have come full circle :)

Drifting off-topic, I wonder if anyone's tried CMY on both sensors and LCDs to
increase the sensitivity/brightness.

Cheers,
Dave