on 2014-04-15 8:48 David J Brooks wrote
has anyone upgraded from snow leopard 10.6.8 to maverick. What
glitches should i expect, programs that will not work. I have CS1
running with a second program, forget the name, so it will work, i
suppose that will not work now. My Epson 2400 printer and Epson 2450
scanner, problems, Vuescan problems maybe.?? LR 4 and PSEL 9.??

our machines are on 10.5 and 10.7, but we're getting ready to upgrade, and i have some pointers

get a list of your apps via System Profiler > Applications and look at the Kind column; any which say "PowerPC" definitely won't work because Rosetta is not available in 10.7 or above

some other apps may not work, or may need upgrades, so you it is worth researching all the apps upon which you depend individually

the latest VueScan and LR4 should be fine; CS1 will not run

there are lots of guides available for the googling; i don't know the best, but this is pretty comprehensive and has suggestions for 10.6 upgraders:

<http://www.macworld.com/article/2052602/get-your-mac-ready-for-mavericks-os-x-10-9.html>