On 15/04/2014 12:55 PM, J.C. O'Connell wrote:
Ricoh trys to make a big deal that the 645Z sensor is 1.7 times the size
of a FF
sensor (24x36) but its not really that much bigger.
It's enough bigger that it seems to make a hell of a difference if what the original 645 is any indication. If I already owned a bunch of 645 lenses, I would be all over this camera.

The real significant size jump is from APS-C to FF which is 2.25 times
bigger sensor.  I want a
FF Pentax K mount DSLR that can use legacy FF K lenses and get that
2.25X factor.

In the real world it's not that big a deal any more, except for the instant cropping that the smaller format does.

I dont want an expensive 645 that can only use limited expensive bulky
645 lenses.

Neither do I, but I'm still glad they made it.

bill