The reason for branding it Pentax is explained in a sentence in the international press release: 'It boasts a stylish, high-grade design resembling PENTAX-brand SLR cameras.' So it has to resemble a Pentax DSLR, hence the Pentax name on top of other details.
Dario

-----Messaggio originale----- From: John Celio
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 3:23 AM
To: pdml@pdml.net
Subject: New Pentax bridge camera: XG-1

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/2746892255/ricoh-announces-pentax-xg-1-superzoom

What confuses me about this is that I thought Ricoh was going to have
the Ricoh brand on compacts and the Pentax brand on SLRs. I wonder why
they decided to call this one a Pentax.

John

-----
Nessun virus nel messaggio.
Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
Versione: 2014.0.4716 / Database dei virus: 3986/7851 - Data di rilascio: 14/07/2014