On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 6:57 PM, Brian Walters <apathy...@lyons-ryan.org> wrote:
>> http://www.dpreview.com/articles/2746892255/ricoh-announces-pentax-xg-1-superzoom
>>
>> What confuses me about this is that I thought Ricoh was going to have
>> the Ricoh brand on compacts and the Pentax brand on SLRs. I wonder why
>> they decided to call this one a Pentax.
>

> Possibly of little interest to most of us but with Photokina just
> around the corner, I wonder what else we can expect in the next couple
> of months?
>
> It's a bit soon to replace the K-3 and I'm not expecting the mythical
> full frame to appear.  What I'd really like to see is a large sensor
> mirrorless - m43 or aps-C, I don't really care - provided it has a
> viewfinder and a short lens to sensor distance (unlike the K-01).
> That's certainly something that would interest me.

I'm on the verge of buying a Q7, but I'm doing my best to wait for
Photokina just in case they come out with a new one. They've put out a
new model every year so far, so it's certainly a possibility.

A Q camera wouldn't replace my K-5, but it could certainly be a lot of
fun. I could adapt both my K and Auto 110 lenses to it. My K 500mm
would be some kind of ridiculous telescope with the Q's crop factor,
and I could even get it in black and yellow, to match my car. ;D

John