It also occurs to me that Bruce (and everybody else in this "room")
already knew about Mortensen's techniques and history and his
"Photoshopping" comment was not tongue-in-cheek at all. Oh well,
wouldn't be the first time the joke was on me.
:)

That forthcoming book "American Grotesque" has an entire glossary of
"Mortensen's Methods" (only the introductory page of that section is
in the preview PDF I linked to, above).
According to the Guardian article linked from Bob's first link, the
new book should be released sometime this month. It is only available
for "preorder" on Amazon here in the U.S.