It's going to depend on the brevity of the flash. The AA simulator is
a pretty high frequency oscillator, and though I don't recall the
exact duration for a round trip of the sensor, I seem to remember it
being about the same as the minimum flash sync time of 1/180th sec.
However flashes and strobes can have super short durations of
1/10,000th second so yeah, AA simulator is out for that kind of
shooting.

But lots of folks shoot with continuous light, like CFL, LED or
tungsten. Would be fine with AA simulator.

--
-bmw