> On Nov 8, 2015, at 5:40 PM, Yolanda Rowe <ypr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Eric, from my own experience, I'd toss the drive that failed. It
> probably wasn't a software hiccup that caused the failure. The
> mechanical failure will recur--it's only a question of when. I lost a
> significant portion of my catalog on one computer under similar
> circumstances. I was able to recover some, but not the all of it.

Thanks, Yolanda. I learned a hard less a few years back when I had a hard drive
replaced in my notebook, threw away the old drive, only to discover afterward
that I had not included my photo database in my Time Machine.

That said, while I’m not pitching the failed drive till I’m absolutely certain
I don’t need need it, I haven't been using it. I don’t think I’ll need to, but
just in case….

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"Imagining the other is a powerful antidote to fanaticism and hatred."

- Amos Oz