Mark Roberts wrote:

>Larry Colen wrote:
>
>>P.J. Alling wrote:
>>> Once again proving to me that Reuters is like all current news
>>> organizations run on auto pilot by idiots.
>>
>>It does provide a certain amount of verisimilitude to the files. It
>>would probably take someone who know what they were doing the better
>>part of a day to write a program that could fake an in camera jpeg from
>>a raw file.
>
>Why not just generate the JPEG in Lightroom and hack the EXIF data?

I just thought of an even easier way. Set the camera to shoot
Raw+JPEG. Process the raw file any way you want and export it; open
the native JPEG and the processed file in Photoshop; paste the
processed image onto the native JPEG as a new Layer; flatten, save and
you're done. (The native JPEG will retain all its original metadata,
including EXIF.)

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com