Igor PDML-StR wrote:

... Remote Shutter Cable Release...
... a simple and reliable one that looks like this:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006O3LTQQ/

"I guess I'll be putting off the purchase for a while."

It's simple, take a block of plastic, drill and tap it for 3.2mm x0.5mm pitch. drill two small holes in the side a bit past the end. Take an electronic shutter release, cut the wires, strip them and insert them until they are almost touching. When you press the trigger, it will complete the connection between the two and it will work with your camera.

;-)

Cheers,

Igor

PS. Notice the lonely "Customer Question" at the bottom. :-)
(Not from me...)