Ugh.  A little research into the repair of this lens has proved
discouraging... Purchased from KEH in May 2012, LN- condish, for $900.
(a good deal at the time, new versions going for close to $1200
retail, IIRC) .  Now, KEH lists same lens, EX+ rating, selling for
less than half of that... and current price for new is... also about
half of what it used to be.

Selling, as-is, less repair costs... hardly seems worth it now.
Repair & keep is an option, but, it feels like throwing good money after bad...

Good news for anyone considering this lens -- the time to buy is now,
apparently.

-c