That's very encouraging news, thanks!
I should quit hemming & hawing & just send mine in already.
;)

-c

On Mar 19, 2016, at 10:14 PM, Yolanda Rowe <ypr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Greetings and Salutations:

Well, when I sent my last reply to this conversation (which didn't go
through), my 16-50 was sitting on my front porch. The brown truck
delivered it and never rang the bell. Didn't know it was out there,
because I'd sent it for repair on 8 March. Based on all of the stories
I've read, I knew that it should be a few weeks.

Mailed it via USPS Priority on 8 March 2016; it was supposed to arrive
at Precision on 10 March. They received on Friday, 11 March. Repair
was completed on 14 March. Lens arrived home on 18 March.

EXPLANATION OF REPAIRS:
    Lens and associated items repair
    A complete repair and return all functions to factory specs.
         Complete cleaning (Internal - External) and optical system.

DESCRIPTION OF PARTS USED:
    Motor
    Lens PC Board A Assy

I've tested her, and she seems to be working as she should. Let's just
hope the repair lasts longer than the original factory specs did.

Cheers,

Yonnie

====

Here's what I'd sent yesterday:

"I finally sent my 16-50 off for repair. It didn't fail until long
after the warranty period expired (of course). I sent it off to
Precision. I'm keeping my fingers crossed after reading some of the
posts in this thread. I'll update the list once I have her back from
the spa."

> On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 12:29 AM, Yolanda Rowe <ypr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I finally sent my 16-50 off for repair. It didn't fail until long after the
> warranty period expired (of course). I sent it off to Precision. I'm keeping
> my fingers crossed after reading some of the posts in this thread. I'll
> update the list once I have her back from the spa.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Yonnie
>
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 12:23 PM, Christine Aguila <christ...@caguila.com>
> wrote:
>>

>>> On Mar 18, 2016, at 12:14 PM, Christine Nielsen <ch...@inielsen.net>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I inquired to Peachtree about the repair, and just got this message
>>> back:
>>>
>>> "Thank you for inquiring with us. Sorry, we do not service the Pentax
>>> units any longer. They are serviced at Precision Camera only. Their
>>> number is 860-272-2100."
>>>
>>> So... I have a call into KEH to confirm that they could do the
>>> repair... they appear to have a flat fee of $235 for zoom lens