> On Sep 17, 2016, at 12:40 PM, Marco Alpert <ma...@alpert.com> wrote:
>
> My understanding is that the Leica Sofort is a rebranded variant of a Fuji
> instax camera. And uses the Fuji instax film. I don't think Impossible offers
> an option for that. Leica does say they'll have their own film, but I imagine
> it will also be an instax variant.

Yes. It's a restyled variant on the Fuji Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic. The film
is repackaged Instax with the Leica brand name.

Fuji Instax has proven extremely popular for fun snapshots, just like what sold
Polaroid cameras for decades and produces a viable market for Impossible
instant film today. A Leica Instax camera is a product to increase brand
awareness amongst a new generation of users.

(Rumor has it that Instax film sales are what generate the profit revenue that
Fujifilm needs for their digital camera development because the digital camera
profits are so flat these past couple of years.)