Lovely shot, Paul

I've read about that tree or saw something fairly recently on tv? one or t'other

ann

On 10/11/2016 12:20 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:
This Rochester Hills, Michigan  tree is said to be the largest Bebb Oak in the
United States. It measures about ten feet in diameter at its base, and one of
its weighty limbs rests on the ground. It
is estimated to be at least 250 years old, although that has never been
determined for certain, because common testing means might injure it. Sometimes
we’re so caught up in things, it’s hard to see the trees for the forest. I must
have driven by this massive tree dozens of times since I arrived in Michigan
and never noticed it. I only discovered it after a lady friend, who arrived
here from Italy just a dozen years ago or so, pointed it out to me and asked if
I would photograph it for her. I finally did so this morning, just before
sunrise. It’s on a busy street, so my angles were limited. I cloned out a
couple of street signs and a bit of pavement. The tree predates them by
hundreds of years, so I figured its entitled to a clean environment.

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=18297169&size=lg