Paul Stenquist wrote:

This Rochester Hills, Michigan  tree is said to be the largest Bebb Oak in the
United States. It measures about ten feet in diameter at its base, and one of
its weighty limbs rests on the ground. It is estimated to be at least 250 years
old, although that has never been determined for certain, because common
testing means might injure it. Sometimes we’re so caught up in things, it’s
hard to see the trees for the forest. I must have driven by this massive tree
dozens of times since I arrived in Michigan and never noticed it. I only
discovered it after a lady friend, who arrived here from Italy just a dozen
years ago or so, pointed it out to me and asked if I would photograph it for
her. I finally did so this morning, just before sunrise. It’s on a busy street,
so my angles were limited. I cloned out a couple of street signs and a bit of
pavement. The tree predates them by hundreds of years, so I figured its
entitled to a clean environment.

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=18297169&size=lg

Wonderful light as well. Very pleasing.

Malcolm