My purpose here was to celebrate the tree, not its size. And I was doing so to
please a very nice lady. Hence, I didn’t want to include a figure or anything
else that might indicate scale but would distract from the tree itself. The
path is a standard city sidewalk, about five-feet wide. The width of the crown
is impressive. More than 150 feet I would guess.  But I didn’t make much effort
to determine the diameter of the trunk or the expanse of the crown. I will
someday if I’m by there again and have some time to spare. I thought I might
find that data on the web but all I’ve found is that based on a formula that
considers height, the width of the crown and the width of the trunk it is tied
with another tree as largest in the United States. I think there is a larger
Bebb Oak in Canada. Because Bebb Oaks are hybrids they’re not listed in some of
the books that recognize record trees. In the end, it’s just a nice tree in a
very unfortunate spot. I had to dodge rush hour traffic to get a decent pic.
Apparently rush hour starts before dawn in Rochester Hills.

Paul