Igor wrote:

That's a great photo!

My first thought when I saw the message subject was it was not literal.

As far as I heard, in Chinese folklore, a fox is a magic creature that
visits to test a person. If the person does well, the fox rewards one.
Otherwise the tested person can be punished even with a death.

Thanks. I'd not heard that folklore story before.

The year before last, we had no end of grief with foxes digging up the
garden. I bought stuff from a farm shop to repel them - it did the opposite.
Since then, I've accepted the damage caused, which has reduced, and taken it
as a photo opportunity. One person a few roads away has them at the back
door at night, as she has taken to feeding them.  That has not gone down
well with her neighbours!