I want to correct the EXIF date/time stamps from where I screwed up
setting the date/time when I first got a K10D without making the Windoze
file date 10 years too late.

I don't think it's doable. I can have one or the other, but not both.

It's like one of those situations where you're pumping gas at $3.999 per
gallon and you want 10 gallons. Which is going to bother you more?

$39.99          OR      $40.00
 10.000 gallons          10.003 gallons

I want it to come out $40.00 AND 10.000 gallons, but it just ain't gonna
do it.