Thanks for the reminder Paul, I do have an EyeFi, will pull that out and try
your approach.
I already use RAW+ but 1) I have been using highest jpg quality and 2) daily
transferring those to my iPad. My logic was that the jpegs on the iPad provided
a tertiary backup in case my original RAW files and their backup were lost, and
meanwhile allowed for review and sharing on the iPad (and beyond). However, as
you suggest, lower quality would be good enough. And it would go a long way to
solving my problem with lack of iPad memory by the time I get to the end of a
one-month trip.

stan