>Alan wrote:
>I have been using my 43/1.9 more lately (toward wide open). To my surprise,
>the bokeh of this lens is not as well as I thought it was. It may be the
>choice of backgrounds, or some other unknown variables, the 77/1.8 produces
>more natural bokeh somehow. To produce reasonably sharp subject with blurred
>background, I would choose f2.8. Unfortunately, the 8 piece aperture blades
>do not produce "round shape" in the blurred background. At f1.9, it's not
>quite sharp (although it can be fixed in Photoshop).
>regards,
>Alan Chan

I've heard this said before, but it doesn't sound right to my ears.
If a photo isn't sharp to begin with, how can Photoshop make it sharp?
Some sort of algorithm makes boundaries between different colours more
distinct, but I can't see how the photo can be made sharper than the
original especially as the act of scanning seems to degrade the image in
the first place.

Wendy

---
Wendy Beard