Paul Stenquist wrote:
Cheaper is a valid point. But I can't recall the last time I had a problem with
my Mac systems. They're pretty much bullet-proof these days.

Most disturbing for me would be trying to control color management workflow for
printing.

The lack of color management was what brought me from linux to mac, however in the intervening 10 years, there is now much more usable color management on linux.

https://displaycal.net/
https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/color-calibrationdevices.html

I'm still doing my photo processing in lightroom on a mac, but both adobe and apple seem to be removing things that I want, and adding things I dislike so I've been thinking of possibly switching back at sometime.

If I do, I'll be very glad that my workflow uses directories, named for the subject matter and date.