> On May 27, 2017, at 4:45 PM, Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have tried to run Linux as a desktop machine and it's a huge
> productivity killer and "world of hurt". I spent more time tweaking
> and twiddling things and trying to find out why stuff I took for
> granted in a supported environment just didn't work. Like colour
> management -- whoa, Nelly!
>
> The smallest possible things can waste days or even weeks to make
> work. What busy photographer has time for that?

When I had finally had enough of Windows I gave Linux a good try. Got an
education. But well into the process, after giving one whole month—literally
the entire month—to trying to get things working smoothly, I threw in the
towel, splurged on a MacBook, and have not looked back. Crashes on Windows just
went with the system. They were almost a daily occurrence. In the seven plus
years—I’m guessing; it is at least that many—neither of the MacBooks I’ve owned
has ever crashed. I am not wealthy, but in my opinion Macs are worth the price,
certainly in the lack of frustration.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"Imagining the other is a powerful antidote to fanaticism and hatred."

- Amos Oz