On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 05:29:03PM -0400, Paul Stenquist wrote:
> Google maps shows the hotel within a quarter mile or so of the hotel, so the
> photo is obviously possible. Take off runways and direction vary from day to
> day and even hour to hour depending on wind direction and velocity.

The hotel may have been close to the airport, but from the news coverage we
learn that the shooter was able to fire rounds that struck fuel storage tanks
on the airport. This means the fuel storage would be visible from the side of
the hotel with the broken windows.  Air Force One appears to be on the other
side of the hotel.  As the hotel is on the Las Vegas strip, and not in the
middle of the airport, this strongly suggests that to get such a  photograph
isn't actually possible.