I had my Raven experience several years back while in a state park just north of Moab Utah. My wife and I were mostly alone sitting on a bench near a very steep and deep canyon fall off just enjoying the scene and watching a raven play in the updrafts. He noticed us and started doing aerial maneuvers right in front of us. If we turned away he/she would call out as if to get us to pay attention to his antics. The raven is one of our most favored birds to the point where we commissioned a metal artist known for his bird sculptures to make a slightly larger than life raven sculpture.

I've read in several places that they are reputed to be among the smartest of birds.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel J. Matyola" <danmaty...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: December PUG is up!

"While it is unlikely Sam recognized me"

Don't be so sure, Ann. I read a scientific paper on city pigeons, where it was demonstrated that the definitely recognized human faces, and can retain
the memories for extended periods of time,