I've been shooting some videos using Pentax K-7 first, and then K-5iiS.
The link posted by Cotty is a reasonable description of pro's and con's of shooting videos with Pentax cameras.

While professional videographers indeed use MF, people who are not used to pull focus (and don't have dedicated focus pullers) may have problems with shooting e.g. sport events. AF can miss (by jumping on a wrong target), but on average it can do better then a person with no experience.

For shooting video with a Pentax DSLR, I have a couple of hints (based on the mistakes I've made):

1. Switch exposure metering to the matrix mode (or center-weighted matrix), NOT the center mode. Otherwise, you will have wild (and annoying) swinging of exposure when you are panning if there are dark and light spots.

2. There is only one parameter you can control (at least with K7 and K5): aperture. There is, however, an effective exposure time for each of the
frames.
While with the MF, you might have a desire to enhance the DoF by bringing the aperture down, in low light that might result in a slow effective exposure time, which would make the video to appear less sharp, especially when there is a fast motion (due to the motion blur).

Aldo keep in mind this two limitations:
a) The length of a single video file is limited.
In the highest resolution mode on K-5iiS, it is about 8 minutes.
So, you have to stop and start again, for a new file to start.
Depending on the speed of your SD card, there could be a delay before
you can start (while it is finishing recording the buffered information.)

Which brings up yet another important point: Use a fast SD card!
(Just "class 10" is not sufficient.)

b) Fast heating of the sensor limits the total time you can shoot (without stopping). I believe that it is worse with Pentax because they are using in-body stabilization, and as a result (because the sensor is hung in the air for easy movement), the thermal sink is considerably lower. Often, in a room-T environment, the sensor shuts itself down after 20-some minutes of being on in the video mode.

HTH,

Igor