I'm pretty sure I caught mine at a small but crowded gathering last Saturday... the NY book launch of the bio of my friend, poet James Wright. (James Wright, A LIfe in Poetry) His (second) wife Anne, whose friendship wiht me has continued over the years since Jims passing age in 1980. I first met them both in 1973. Her part at this particular signing and reading made it important for me to go and not just dash in and get my book signed since I don't get to see her much these days since she moved up to a senior residence upstate in Rhinebeck.

There was a reception at Poets House following the reading of passages by author Jonathan Blunk, by Annie and poet/teacher/novelist Donna Masini - who had been Jim's student at Hunter in the 70's.  The book was a very long time coming... Blunk had been working on it for a very long time.. .  I can only read it in small doses.. but it is nicely written.  I wish he read his own prose as well as he writes.  Happily, Donna's turn at the microphone telling stories and reading a couple of favorites made it a bit easier to sit in the uncomfortable chairs.

Too much mingling at the reception.. too many hugs..etc.. sigh.. that being said, not nearly as dangerous as getting on plane in terms of picking up unwanted bugs  -  But Hawaii -they- say is very low on flu monitor so thats in your favor.

I bet you guys can tell I just woke up from a nap (about the third one today) - in chatty mode.

I did get my three pix in to Mark though...

ann