That didn't work...
However, my temporary solution was to remove the message filters that I used in the ebay stuff folder so that, at least, the ebay messages would get downloadedgoing forward.

While I still had the filters on ,( after ebay stuff folder disappeared) two emails that came from ebay -did not- download to my computer... after I took the filter off I did a test and got the two emails in box (ebay sends email whenever I relist something, or have a sale, or something didnt sell- so I went in and did a couple of things it would send me emails about).

ann - sleepless in NYC