Just a thought ... because I had to set Thunderbird up for my new laptop, so I
vaguely remember this.

There's a "Server Settings" in the "Account Settings" under "Tools" that
determines whether you download messages to local folders or leave them in folders on the server. Your old
ebay folder may still be on the server, with only the local link missing ... or maybe not if you're set up to
bring everything down to local folders.

Another thing you can try is use the search at the bottom of the start menu to look for
"*.eml". This should show ALL of the email messages currently on your computer.
Looks like it's semi-alphabetical by date (oldest first).

If any of the missing ebay folder emails show up, RIGHT CLICK and select "OPEN FILE
LOCATION". This should give you the physical path to where the emails are stored.

Check the "Trash" Folder on the account & also under "Local Folders". Also look in the
"Recycle Bin". If you've accidentally deleted the folder, and haven't emptied the recycle bin since
then, the missing folder may be in there.