Thanks, Dan & Jack. You comments rounded off a perfect day. Time for an early night!

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: Daniel J. Matyola
Sent: 13 May, 2018 5:48 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: GESO: A mixed bag for Mother's Day

The birds are each quite interesting.  I really love the herd of elephant
at Sable Dam;  a well-composed image with lots of interesting details.

Dan Matyola

On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 10:37 AM, Alan C <c...@lantic.net> wrote:

Being Mother's day, we went to the Letaba Camp picnic spot for a lunchtime
braai. I took a few shots along the way:

Scroll L to see the 9 images.

The first 4 are of birds looking for tasty morsels at the picnic spot.
There were also monkeys, squirrels & noisy francolin but I didn't get those.
No 5 is a tatty Zebra White butterfly on a wild flower.
No 6 is a Jacobin Cuckoo Fledgling which was being fed by its much smaller
Arrow Marked Babbler host.
No 7 shows the critically low level of the Letaba River which didn't flood
this year.
No 8 is a young Ellie crossing the road with a Mopane branch in its mouth.
The bark is a sort of Ellie chewing gum.
No 9 is a herd of Elephants cavorting at the North end of Sable Dam &
blocking the road.  When those two young bulls started advancing towards
us, we decided it was time to beat a hasty retreat. This is the same place
where I was "trapped" between over 100 Elephants earlier this year.

We had a wonderful outing & saw of other stuff too.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wisselstroom/40273437520/

All with the K5v & HD 55-300.

Alan C

---