Thanks, Subash.

Yes, a young Drongo - bold birds. It will loose those white markings on the next moult.

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: Subash Jeyan
Sent: 16 May, 2018 4:48 AM
To: pdml@pdml.net
Subject: Re: GESO: A mixed bag for Mother's Day

enjoyed the series. is the first one a drongo? no.9 (herd of elephants)
is quite dramatic...

On Sun, 13 May 2018 16:37:35 +0200
"Alan C" <c...@lantic.net> wrote:

Being Mother's day, we went to the Letaba Camp picnic spot for a
lunchtime braai. I took a few shots along the way:

Scroll L to see the 9 images.

The first 4 are of birds looking for tasty morsels at the picnic
spot. There were also monkeys, squirrels & noisy francolin but I
didn't get those. No 5 is a tatty Zebra White butterfly on a wild
flower. No 6 is a Jacobin Cuckoo Fledgling which was being fed by its
much smaller Arrow Marked Babbler host.
No 7 shows the critically low level of the Letaba River which didn't
flood this year.
No 8 is a young Ellie crossing the road with a Mopane branch in its
mouth. The bark is a sort of Ellie chewing gum.
No 9 is a herd of Elephants cavorting at the North end of Sable Dam &
blocking the road.  When those two young bulls started advancing
towards us, we decided it was time to beat a hasty retreat. This is
the same place where I was "trapped" between over 100 Elephants
earlier this year.

We had a wonderful outing & saw of other stuff too.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wisselstroom/40273437520/

---