You guys are funny!

- Consider that the standard lens on most Instax cameras has an f/11 maximum
opening, I don't think light losses are much of an issue with any 35mm camera
used as a host. Even an f/2.8 lens will net f/8 anyway with a three stop light
loss. And even an f/8 lens on 2.4x2.4 inch format can produce nice out of focus
blur at modest focusing distances.

- Instax film isn't particularly high resolution either. And the finished
product is 2.4 inches square … doesn't matter.

- Getting your eye on the eyepiece … I don't know about anyone else here, but
my neck does manage to bend at least a little.

As LRC surmises, Instant Film is not at all about technical image quality, not
at this end of the spectrum. Go to 8x10 inch Polaroid, or the 24" banquet
cameras, and the notions change a bit.

I don't care much about "technical image quality" when I see a nice photo like
this:

  https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1745/28828147178_336229f19b_c.jpg

but I guess it's a matter of perspective. :)

—
No matter where you go, you know when you are in Texas.