I'm thinking probably by the end of this year. I expect to buy a combination of a video card + a 4k Monitor.

Won't be that big a deal if 8k has become affordable by then. The thing is I want at least a 32 inch monitor good enough to edit photos on that my Color Munki can calibrate.

I'm not a high powered gamer, so I won't need a high frame rate. I just need a card that can output at whatever resolution I get with whatever monitor I finally end up with.