Ive heard good things about the D FA 80-200/2.8. Im not really into AF I have two excellent MF 80-200/2.8 lenses, a tamron SP and a Tokina AT-X, They are both optically and mechanically great but they are bulky so I rarely use them, prefering the A70-210/4 most of the time if Im going to use a zoom. The nice thihg about thing about the tamron 180/2.5 is its fast and compact (but not that light).