> On 07 August 2018 at 19:59 Bob W-PDML <p...@web-options.com> wrote:
>

> > On 7 Aug 2018, at 16:38, John Sessoms <johnsess...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > What kind of car?
> >
> > I'm not in the market now, but *IF* I ever have to replace one I want to
> > know if there's any I should eschew.
> >

> The ones with internal combustion engines.

No matter what the motive power, energy still has to be generated and stored.
There's a slight argument that centrally-generated energy can have better
control over its environmental impact than the myriad items we have at the
moment.  But even wholly electric cars have thermal impact during use.

And let's not get started on the energy cost of vehicle construction.