i don't have much experience in shooting butterflies and already i
realise it's a problem. none of the butterflies allowed me to come
anywhere near half a metre yesterday and hence the 200mm was useful.
all my butterfly photos are heavily cropped so a high res aps-c camera
will certainly come in useful. my son, who was shooting with a k-s1
(20mp as opposed to the k-x's 12mp) and the 55-300 has got better
results.

i am planning to experiment with the fa 100/2.8. i also have a sigma
apo 70-300, with a 'macro' which can go down to 1:2 and i am planning
to see how that also goes. i am hoping one out of the two clicks....